2018 YETI SNOWMX MODEL FEATURES
2018 YETI “Soft Strut”
Allowing you to have 1” to 4” of extra rear suspension travel. Easily adjustable to suit you’re riding preferences. Comes as standard equipment on all USA YETI SNOWMX units (optional in Canada)
2018 Carbon Chassis, lifetime guarantee
We are confident in our carbon chassis design and strength. Confident enough to provide for all 2018 YETI SNOWMX models a lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defects and chassis breakage under normal use, to the original purchaser.
The YETI SNOWMX carbon chassis has evolved through five generations of design and testing, through the brutal pounding of SNOWMX racing to the backcountry freestyle riders dropping 75 -100’ footers, we have been able to re-engineer our already strong YETI chassis, and add an internal carbon fibre structural skeleton, which brings the new 2018 chassis beyond anything we ever imagined for strength vs. weight.
Through all the combined successes and failures of this past winter, we have taken the YETI to an entire new of performance and durability.
If a chassis does happen to be smashed on the rocks and breaks, the YETI carbon exchange program will still apply to all YETI SNOWMX customers, and a new 2018 chassis can be purchased which comes with a lifetime guarantee. (see the YETI website for more details.)
2018 Enhanced front ski and spindle geometry.
Through rider feedback and field testing we have placed the ski in the optimal position for all riders and snow conditions, vastly improved ski floatation, and trail performance.
2018 MAXKEEL SKI
New trim profile adapts to a wider range of snow conditions, easier to ride in hard crusted snow, while maintaining deep powder carving and side hill capabilities.
2018 YETI SNOWMX MODELS.
- Equipped with titanium jackshaft standard.
- New heat treated brake rotor for longest pad life and braking performance.
- lifetime guarantee for original purchaser on chassis against defects
- titanium rear reactor arms standard
- 137 YETI SNOWMX featuring FOX FLOAT 3 shocks for ride quality and weight savings
120 & 129 YETI SNOWMX SUPER SPORT (SS)
New for 2018, the YETI Super Sport "SS", is our answer to the SNOWMX market’s call for a lightweight, strong, trail and race ready model. Featuring a 2” narrower chassis and a 10” wide SNOWHAWK track for ripping through the hard crusted snow while providing great cornering and acceleration. Combined with the Super Sports 5.5” wide rear suspension rail spacing, vs. 10” standard rail spacing…. for quicker handling and ultimate strength. Combined with our lifetime chassis guarantee you have the combination to put you in the winners circle.
120 YETI SNOWMX SPORT
Great mountain riding, light weight, and flickable. Great for riders who are on the pipe and like to have fun. Works great on any dirt bike 250cc and up.
129 YETI SNOWMX FREERIDE “SS”
All test riders called the YETI 129 Freeride SS, “Nimble”, with it’s 5.5” rail spacing the transition through the corners on the trail or executing deep and steep downhill 180 degree turns never felt better.
129 YETI SNOWMX FREERIDE
Overall best length for lightweight fun and mountain deep snow riding, feels great and light but with another row of paddles on the snow vs. the 120. Great for riders who want it all.
137 YETI SNOWMX MOUNTAIN LIGHT
Deep snow exploring in the lightest weight 137 package on the market, we have looked at every possible way to save weight on the 137 Mountain Light, with no compromise in strength. Equipped with FOX Float 3 air shocks saving you even more weight with a great ride. The proven MAXTRAK II for the deep powder and floatation. Go off the trail, but stay out of the Caribou closures. Great for all riders who want to experience the deep snow.
*Fox shocks can be upgraded to Raptor coil overs adding 3 lbs for $250 CAD or $200 USD.
We are very excited to release the 2018 YETI SNOWMX to authorized dealers near you!
YETI SNOWMX 2013 to 2017
2017 YETI SNOW MX
- Introduces Raptor coil over suspension
- Titanium Driveshaft standard
- Titanium lower shock cross shafts standard
- M10 lower shock cross shaft bolts introduced
- Titanium upper rear shock cross shaft standard
- RRS shock introduced
- Clear coat carbon chassis finish introduced
- Gen 5 carbon chassis
- Rear suspension 11” total increase of 2”
- Front rear suspension 6.5” total increase of 1.5”
- 7075 rear axle introduced
- Titanium front suspension arm wall thickness increased 1mm 50% increase in strength.
- Strut block bolts increased to M10 from M8
- Maxtrax II released, 18% stiffer lugs
- Gen 3 belt deflector introduced
2016 YETI SNOW MX
- Fox Float 3 suspension
- Gen 4 carbon chassis
- Gen 1 belt deflector introduced
2015 YETI SNOWMX
- Gen 4 carbon chassis
- MAXTRAX introduced with 2.5” lug profiled to match ski radius
- MAKEEL SKI introduced CAD designed to match profile of track
- Titanium front suspension arm introduced
- Rear YETI bumper and grab handle introduced
2014 YETI SNOWMX
- Gen 2 & 3 carbon chassis introduced
- Syncrodrive belt drive introduced
- Composite rails introduced
- NEXTTECH suspension design introduced
2013 YETI SNOWMX
- Gen 1 chassis introduced
- Concept of lightweight design tested
- NEXTTECH mono suspension tested
- Track designs tested
- Initial designs fabricated and mocked up
2017 YETI SNOWMX MODEL FEATURES
C3 POWERSPORTS, one hardcore Canadian company, is proud to introduce its new and improved 2017 YETI SNOWMX snow-bike models. Following are only some of the many features of the new 2017 YETI SNOWMX models.
See what makes the YETI Better, Higher and Faster!
WHATS NEW FOR 2017?
- Clear-coated carbon fibre chassis with underlaid custom aggressive yeti graphics.
- Carbon chassis has been rotated 2 degrees giving a more aggressive stance and look, lifting the rear bumper an additional 2" * image not available
- Standard automatic chain tensioner system, taking up chain stretch between rides.
- RRS suspension adds additional 11" of suspension travel to the existing 11" of travel for a total of 22" total travel (total travel depends on chassis length, varies slightly).
- RRS shock features a 20 position clicker adjuster for the compression dampening.
- RRS shock, featuring a “POW” lever. Ride the trail with 22” of travel, then flip the lever when you get to the powder, helping you climb in the powder by tremendously stiffening the compression dampening, but still allowing full compression stroke if you drop off something unexpected.
- Raptor coil over suspension with 20 clicks of compression dampening dial to provide you with the best ride you can imagine. Quick and responsive.
- "Anti-ice" brake rotor, gives positive braking regardless of any snow conditions
- Maxtrax II, enhanced and re-tooled design, giving extra bite in the harder crusted snow plus, with new lug design, powder will scoops keeping the lug standing up taller in all snow conditions, and outside drive lugs removed.
- 28mm wide syncrodrive belt vs 21mm in 2016, 33% stronger, tested.
- Redesigned syncrodrive deflector, thicker on 4 surfaces, and new lip locks in cover keeping snow out, plus constructed out of new material for increased impact strength.
- Full colour custom anodizing options ( for Snowcheck orders only)
- Custom titanium driveshaft, lower shock cross shafts and upper rear suspension shafts all standard. Upgradable titanium Jackshaft is available.
- Maxkeel ski comes with two new colours: "White" and "Yellow"
- Quick release rail system to tie down your cargo while you ride. Remove it quickly to hit the hill.
The MAXKEEL SKI is conveniently CAD designed with the same radius profile of the MAXTRAX track making your YETI package feel like a motorcycle on the dirt.The new standard in precise handling on the trail or in deep powder. Ride with confidence and stay in control with the consistent handling of the deep keel design. Ride with one hand, relax, have fun.
Co-designed by Camso and YETI, the MAXTRAX puts the most horsepower to the snow with the lightest design available and 2.5” paddle design. New for 2017 enhanced MAXTRAX II lug profile for better hard snow performance. Free up horsepower by reducing rotating mass. MAXTRAK II manufactured with special internal track rods allowing the track to flex when cornering, climbing easily and voted by our customers “ most natural dirt bike feeling conversion kit.”
New for 2017, MAXTRAX II.
25% stiffer lug design helps the paddle stand up in harder snow, and increased snow cupping in the powder conditions increasing performance. Outside unused drive lugs have been removed, reducing 1.75lbs of weight offsetting the increase to the stiffer lugs.
RRS - RIDER REACTIVE STRUT
Co-designed by Raptor Suspension and YETI, this piggy back reservoir shock, features 20 clicks of compression adjustment allowing the rider to quickly fine tune to their preferred ride. The RRS adds an additional 11” of suspension travel to the YETI’s standard 11” giving you 22”+ of suspension, soaking up those trails with ease.
*RRS OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT*
RAPTOR PERFORMANCE SHOCKS
100% Billet Aluminum Construction •100% High Speed CNC Machined to Exacting Tolerances • Highest Quality Synthetic Blended Fluid • High Strength Delrin Bushings • Cutting Edge Computer Aided Design Software • Cutting Edge Fluid and Thermal Dynamic Modeling Software • Elegant Lightweight Ground Up Design • Progressive high flow Piston Design • Progressive Valve Codes • Internal Blow Off Valve • 20 position clicker • RAP (Rapid Adjust Preload) • NEST (Seal Technology)
New for 2017 Automatic chain tension system, standard on all models.
New for 2017, each YETI comes with an automatic chain tension system (ACT). This simple system, takes up any extra chain stretch between chain tension adjustments.
New for 2017, the YETI belt drive deflector, has been made in a new material, tested for impact at -30C and many times stronger than our current material. The overall thickness has also been changed in 4 key areas to increase strength and reliability and the bottom of the deflector has a new lip that comes over the clear cover, stoping snow ingestion, and locking the cover in place. This part will be provided free of charge to all 2016 YETI customers, as a product improvement plan.
C3 POWERSPORTS SYNCRODRIVE BELT DRIVE SYSTEM.
New for 2017 38% stronger.
The C3 SYNCRODRIVE is 22% more efficient than a chain drive, maximizing the horsepower delivery of your bike to the snow. Easy to use and maintain, no grease no mess. Gearing changes with splined shafts can be made any time or place in less than 5 min. Try new gearing combo’s easily. New for 2017 YETI models, a 29mm wide belt for increased strength.
Machined from 6AL-4V this Titanium Drive and Jackshaft combination make the ultimate statement that you want the lightest YETI that can be built without compromise. These Titanium shafts are 2.4 pounds lighter than the 1144 steel shafts that are standard equipment in the YETI, saving you weight and freeing up more horsepower for your YETI unique combination.
Built to very tight tolerances utilizing a lightweight, yet very strong Carbon Fibre chassis, CAD designed and FEA tested. Titanium bolts and suspension components combined with billet anodized aluminum make the YETI a very strong, yet light weight package.
CUSTOM ANODIZING AND GRAPHIC PACKAGES.
No compromise on fit and finish, high attention to detail throughout, YETI makes a statement that you expect the best. YETI SNOWMX conversion kit delivers the lightest weight, highest performance of any Snow MX conversion. Accessorize your YETI to match your bike, and make a statement without saying a word. Custom packages only available during snow check, get your custom YETI order in to your dealer by April 12, 2016.